Author: Ira Deano
Published: Jun 22 2013
What worries men differ from what concerns women when it comes to aging. Women are perturbed when they begin to see traces of hideous crow’s feet at the corners of their eyes. They go ballistic when they discover wrinkles on their foreheads and other parts of their faces where smooth skin used to be. They rush to salons like mad roadrunners when their hair starts to gray and fall out. These concerns are purely physical and it’s pretty typical for women to feel this way. While women obsess over their physical features, men, on the other hand, obsess over their sexual performance as they age and this has got something to do with their testosterone.
As men accelerate into aging their testosterone levels consequentially go down south. Low testosterone is the primary culprit why most men become dissatisfied with their performance in the sack. And it’s not just that, there are actually tons of other reasons why they seek solutions to boost their age-related testosterone concerns. Allow me to break that down to you so you can fully appreciate the importance of having enough free testosterone in your system.
Changes in sexual function become apparent as a result of low testosterone. There will be reduced sexual desire, fewer erections and there’s the possibility of infertility. These three facts I’ve enumerated are the equivalent to those I mentioned above (see women’s concerns). These are what scare men the most. I don’t think there’s a need for me to elaborate more on this. I mean hey, just think of a runner who’s gone limp. Now that’s a good way to put it.
Men should also expect a change in their sleeping pattern. Studies have shown that low testosterone causes sleep disturbances like insomnia. You won’t get enough rest and you’ll also look like a raccoon the morning after.
And there’s the also obvious physical changes associated with andropause such as increased body fat, decreased bone density and reduced muscle bulk. It’s also possible for men to experience enlarged breasts or a condition known as gynecomastia. Hair loss and hot flashes can sometimes be experienced.
Emotional changes have also been associated with low testosterone. Most men would feel depressed or sad. Some complain of having trouble concentrating or having memory lapses.
If you consider all these changes brought by aging you’d probably picture out a depressed and forgetful balding man with boobs who looks like he hasn’t slept in ages. I’m betting you’d get depressed yourself just thinking about it.
Luckily, we’ve unlocked several methods to help bring back the virility of these men. Just because low testosterone comes with aging doesn’t mean all men are bound to end up unhappy and sexually dysfunctional.
- Check your body weight. More weight leads to lesser testosterone. You have to do something about your weight if you don’t want to end up with extremely low testosterone.
- Spend some time at the gym. Researchers in Finland found that men who regularly lifted weights had a forty nine percent boost in their testosterone levels.
- Fat in the diet is good as long as it’s monosaturated. A study published by the International Journal of Sports Medicine stated that men who consumed fat had higher testosterone levels.
- Steer clear from stress. Stress can cause your testosterone to plummet. Choose to be stress-free.
- Stay away from nightclubs. If you cannot say no to beer when you’re out partying in nightclubs then better stay away from those places because they say men who drank moderate amounts of alcohol every day for three weeks had a seven percent decline in their testosterone. Dish out the beer and go for wine.
- Make an effort to squeeze in sleep. As much as possible it would be best if you get a six to eight hour sleep every night. According to a study done at the University of North Carolina, testosterone levels drop to about forty percent if a person doesn’t get enough sleep.
- Take supplements. If all else fails you can always run to your herbal supplements that promise to give your testosterone levels a boost. In just weeks you’ll get magical results. Just make sure you choose the right one.
Author: Ira Deano - a registered nurse from the Philippines, is an avid health writer who keeps herself abreast of the latest research and studies on Tongkat Ali Extract and male sexuality. She believes in the benefits of continued learning and aims to inspire and make the world a better place for both men and women through her writings.
Please note that this article has been published on the basis that the content supplied is the original work of the provider. If you feel that copyright has been infringed, please contact the site administrator for review.