My mum is taking my wages from me!

I'm nearly 18 and have worked since September 2015. Recently I have discovered that I am to receive a bonus in my next wage in which I was going to use to open a new bank account of which I will use to start saving up some money, this is much to my mothers dosmay. Since getting a job I have had to transfer a section of my wages (if not all) into an account attached onto my Mum's main bank account which I am not allowed to touch without a valid reason.

Since finding out (Today - 21st May) she has been angry at the fact I want to keep my own money which I earn and I don't know what to do anymore. I can't get through to her that I want to keep my own money without having to give a reason like I'm 5 years old. Money that was given to me towards something major (Like my recently new laptop replacement) has also been taken for granted as I am not allowed ("Under any circumstances") allowed to touch with a ten foot pole. I'm sick of it now and it has caused an argument; all I want is to keep my own earnt money but I'm stick and don't know what to do anymore.

My mum is taking my wages from me!

In the US, you need to be 18 before you can legally have your own account. In the meantime, your mother is the signee on your account. Talk to the people at the bank to help you get ready when you turn 18 to open your own account. Get ready to do that. Make sure all the paperwork is in order so there's no surprises (like her taking the $$ from the account)

I am surprised that you don't get to keep SOME of your earnings to spend the way you want - like 1/3 spendas you like, 1/3 save, and 1/3 help with family finances.

My mum is taking my wages from me!

It's quite different in the UK, you can be 16 for an account but, the reason why I don't have any money for myself is that she looks at my wage slips and checks it against what I put into the other account.