Is my daughter's reaction to her mom rightfully having to serve a jail sentence

Relationship advice I Think am going to take my daughter to visit. Just looking for a good time. There are just a few more things I wonder

1. I managed to talk to one of the main guards that works at that jail. She said that since my daughter is a teenagers it is perfectly fine to take her. She also said use it as a learning experience (what does that mean do you think), and to simply present it as a punishment for wrong doing. What do you think about this?

2, my wife says bring her if she would like to and my daughter says she would like to but I don't know if it is a good idea. I am surprised my wife did not flat out say no. Does this show that she thinks it won't be so bad or that she wants to see her so badly that she doesn't mind her daughter seeing anything bad?

3. my daughter does want to go . She seems kind of jokey about the simy daughter does not seem scared but instead seems excited and enthusiastic to visit. This is strange to me. Do you find this normal? My daughter seems to find the idea of her mom wearing a uniform, sharing a room funny. I wonder why she would think it is funny. Interestingly they have a good relationship

do you think my daughter feels it is kind of interesting to see the inside of a jail but not be a prisoner there?

since your wife and daughter have a good relationship i don't see any problem in her visiting her mother. not the ideal environment for sure. i think she is jokey as you put it because she is nervous. i don't think they will allow you into area of general prison population but a visiting area of minimum access so your daughter should not see anything too seedy.

i have never been in a female prison but have visited two boyfriends in prison and we met in a conjugal visitation room. i assume since you are married they will do the same for you.

What would you say is the main benefit in vists over phone calls?