Help? I'm back with my Ex and I got some issues

Relationship advice So before anyone says, "Getting with your ex is stupid, it will never work again, blah blah blah," please realize thats not what I need advice on, so dont give your opinion on that matter. Me and him can work that part out. I just need help on how to get over the past?

So, when we broke up, he hurt me REAL BAD. And now, even though I think we are 'soulmates' I still have feelings of resentment towards what he did, and hold a grudge against him, which sometimes makes me become very rude and unfair to him, especially when he has showed me sooooo much of how he's changed.

How do I stop being rude to him? I want to show him how much I love him, but when I almost do, I stop and might think, oh he doesn't deserve it, or oh what if I do that then embarrassingly get dumped again?

I just hate that I'm so terrible to him now, but cant forget the past. I just dont want to keep treating him this way, so need to find a way ti accept what happened and move on?

Respectfully, if you are soulmates, then the doubt and hurt that you post about wouldn't exist because soulmates do not hurt each other real bad. As for the past, it's for learning from and not for living in. If you hold a grudge because of his past actions, then you need to support him just he needs to support you, for you guys to be successful at remaining together. In other words, forgive and forget the past if you have the need to be with your guy.