Does My Best Friend Still Like Me?

KATIEHN
on Jul 18 2017 at 17:56
Member since: 13 July 2013
Relationship advice forum category advice forum category My best guy friend said he liked me for a long time when he was drunk. I have known him for 4 years, and he didn't give me any signs showed that he liked me. I was confused, and I thought he was seeing someone. Turn out that I misunderstood all these years. I told his friend that I was afraid that I could lose him that night. After 2 weeks later, we met. He told me that he was drunk and didn't remember anything he said, and he told me that we could stay as a friend. Of course, I know it was a lie because I asked him three times that night when he drunk.I regretted to tell his friend that day. I think I hurt him. One month later, I sent a message to him, I told him that I started liking him but he said to remain as a friend. I guess our path came across to each other but only meet as the point that we can only be friend. In the end, that is the decision we made. Therefore, we are friends now. It is hard to see him in a group. Everyone in our group knows there is something about us since the day he told me. We acted normal like nothing happened before. We sometimes text to each other and the conversation takes usually two days. I don't know what is going on. I'm now confused too. If he said to be friend why he still texts me continually. We reply the text about an hour or two or 30' minutes whenever we see each other texts. I guess, I never been in a relationship before. I don't know what to do. Should anyone tell me what I should do in this situation? Should I move on or take sometimes with him? Thanks!!!
Does my best friend still like me?
on Jul 19 2017 at 18:31
People cant have and grow a relationship based on texts. It has to go somewhere after the first or second time. You two are stuck in trxt-land.

Why dont you be the brave one and tell him youd like to be more than friends and go out sometime?

Maybe he is waiting for you to make the first step.

If he cant do this then he is not ready to have a gal in his life.

Does my best friend still like me?
SILVARION
on Jul 19 2017 at 21:59
Member since: 28 June 2017
Hello KATIEHN,

You 2 basically in a self-imposed friend-zone.

Come on, what's there to lose if you try to go to the next level?

By your words, it's obvious that you feel you 2 should move on and be "something else". Go ahead and ask. If he refuses, then ask him to don't send mixed signals and stop texting like if you were something more than friends.

Start there and see how it goes.

Does my best friend still like me?
KATIEHN
on Jul 21 2017 at 18:48
Member since: 13 July 2013
Thanks all for your advices.

He just moved far away for his job. I think I will remain as a friend with him. I will meet more people and start to do what I like. Just focus on myself for now.