Advice About A Friend.

MYKL85
on Aug 14 2017 at 02:01
Emotional advice I have a great friend who is like one of my best friends- who I've known nearly 2 years now, we always go out to visit places (about once a week) have been away together places a few times- got on great, but every now and again he gets difficult to deal with. He throws little tantrums, the latest I got told via text that he told me not to text him at work, and now I'm blocked until he's ready..... all I asked him was "how are you" ? !! When he would have been on a break- he used to text at work a little bit - but didn't see the problem .

Anyway then about 6 weeks ago his mam's dog had to be put down but he rang me about it a day later- was upset but chatted about a few things, then a couple of days later I said did he fancy having a drink to cheer himself up- and later that night I got a message back saying basically - I thought I told you to leave me the hell alone, but you must be completely stupid as you're doing the opposite. I am that p*** off with you I am close to telling you to f*** off, I thought to myself oh dear- I only asked if he wanted a few drinks to cheer himself up.

I just feel like I get my head bitten off all the time for the least bit thing- I get ignored at times when I ask him on his days off if he's ok, can't text him at work apparently (even when he texts me! ) Do I just give him space- or see what happens or just tell him to get lost- he says he had a difficult past with his childhood and stuff, and could only start getting his life back on track in his early 20's - he's 32 now- but my patience is wearing very thin now- what do I do- ? Do I deserve to be treated like this- I suppose maybe I have texted him what he might think is too much a few times- I explained though I just like his company and I'm a chatty person anyway!!

Advice about a friend.
BUNNYHABIT
on Aug 14 2017 at 02:55
this guy is being totally rude and derogatory to you. it depends on how much you like him. you should at least only respond to his messages and never start a thread.

if it was me i would make a complete break away from him after belittling response he sent you. I would say to him "i am completely upset with your humiliating response to me. please never contact me again you pathetic loser".

Advice about a friend.
MYKL85
on Aug 14 2017 at 13:51
Thank you - I think you are right. I have been treated totally unfair and he would just do it again if I let him.
Advice about a friend.
on Aug 14 2017 at 14:19
Sounds like he has problems that don't have anything to do with you. Don't feel you have to fix him or put up with rude behavior.

If he contacts you, do not hesitate to tell him that he is really difficult to have a friendship with so you can't respond.

Advice about a friend.
MYKL85
on Aug 14 2017 at 16:47
Yes, that is what I will do, thank you - after all I've just tried to be a good friend to him and I don't deserve him being rude back