Afraid of a relapse in depression

CAPSIZED
on Sep 19 2017 at 02:34
Member since: 11 November 2016
Emotional advice Years ago, I was on antidepressants and I almost killed myself. I have been thought a tremendous amount of therapy and came off of those medications since then. I have worked hard to get where I am. But I am in a situation that is threatening that stability and I am afraid going back on those types of medications are my only choice. That terrifies me. But breaking terrifies me more. I have a therapist and we have talked about this but sometimes I don't think I have a choice and I'm scared.

Afraid of a relapse in depression

on Sep 19 2017 at 03:46
There are new medications now to treat depression so most likely you won't have the same side effects. Be sure to tell your Dr.

Do everything you can to kerp your head abive water!

Goid luck

Afraid of a relapse in depression

BRUCE
on Oct 14 2017 at 18:28
Member since: 14 October 2017
Ive been on Celexa for yrs now i'm taking Adderall just started today don't know what to expect

Afraid of a relapse in depression

SOULMATE (moderator)
on Oct 16 2017 at 20:56
Allow me to put your mind at rest:

The fact you're terrified you'll break again is, perversely, proof positive that you won't. It's like, only sane people question whether they're sane. Furthermore, the uphill struggle you had did wonderful things to your strength and determination (think, brain being in a gym, day-in-day-out). You're RIPPED now! You weren't before, HENCE 'fell down the hole and couldn't climb out' to begin with, HENCE had to try-try-try (pump-pump-pump), HENCE meanwhile developed the strength needed, HENCE GOT OUT, HURRAH! (...Yeah, alright - it's an underground gym, LOL.)

Put it this way: you might well fall down another hole (although it's unlikely since you'll forever be watching out for them). But from now on, getting out again would be a piece of p*ss, executed in 24hrs or less. Think WonderWoman - "boooooiiiinnnnng!..I'M BACK!". :-)

You don't need a choice. It just ain't gonna happen. Or what - you think Woody Allen goes into a day-gym for years and comes out still looking like Woody Allen?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. SUPER-What doesn't kill you makes you SUPER-stronger.

You are now a hard b***ard. :-) But your mind hasn't caught up with that fact yet, it still sees Past You. Because you haven't been presented with a test yet with which to correct its outdated self-perception. Common stuff.

Ask your therapist to explain.

Afraid of a relapse in depression

THINKLESS123
on Nov 2 2017 at 17:47
Member since: 02 November 2017
anxiety and depression is not a problem, i have a solution i can help you because i am once in the same shoes, the problem is you yourself, first of all, fear is the greatest problem and enemy of man, all you need to do is to look out of your window and see the strength you need and the solution of your problem walking through the street