No emotional connection

After being married for 30 years I am so frustrated because we both don't connect on a emotional level. We never really have but now as I am getting older(over 50) I am getting more and more upset by it. Our marriage feels so empty and I don't think either of us is really happy. I believe in commitment and am willing to hang around because I believe in marriage but am feeling rather stuck in our shallow relationship.

No emotional connection

Too bad. 30 years is a long time. This is a time you two should be re- connecting, especially if the kids are gone. But what you say ( that there never was an emotional connection) is of concern because I was going to suggest you go to a marriage retreat to try to get that "ole magic" back together. Life is short. If you think there are things to do and you want to feel alive then find out how you can survive alone financially. Then take steps to do this. There WILL be a storm to walk through. Be sure you really can do this. (Just curious- why did you marry this guy?)