I'm lost in my education / I hate my major

Hello! My problem is that i am studying something i don't like at all. I am studying accounting and finance and i find it really hard and apart from that, every time I'm studying I'm becoming miserable and it makes me think "what am i doing?? I dont CARE". I ended up here cause i was a very good student in high school and that is the best department to be (according to my parents). And since they wanted me to have a job, they didn't think of what I would like. I feel so lost. I was always artistic and i was dreaming as a kid that I would grow to be someone involved in the arts world and now... Everything seems so far. I have gained some work experience in working in art exhibitions but i feel such a LOSER if i quit my university. And if i dont get a bachelor, what am i going to do? My parents are so proud that i am there even though they know i can't stand it. I already made them so devastated by telling them I'm bisexual, so I can't stand disappointing them again. Any idea? Thank you

I suggest you please watch the movie 3 Idiots (2009). It will clear a lot of your doubts ( no kidding ). Be Strong. I know you will make your parents proud :) Hugs

Your interest and your schooling are not that far apart. I don't know how many artists, musicians and writers have ended up bankrupt because they can't manage their money. Willie Nelson comes to mind right now. Museums and theaters all need accountants. Artists are notoriously known for undervaluing their own work and then not collecting for it. So you see , you can still be connected with athe arts and deliver a valuable service!!