In love with my best friend

SHY SHEEP
on Dec 2 2017 at 08:00
LGBT advice I’m a female bisexual and coincidentally, so is my female best friend. We’ve known each other since before our elementary days, and have been super close ever since. Naturally, being best friends, we goof off a lot, but somewhere down the line, our jokes got kinda ambiguous (ex. joking about marrying/kissing each other, etc.) It was all fun and games then, but since a few years ago, I realized that all my jokes don’t really feel like jokes anymore...I’ve developed feelings for her.

I think there’s a good chance she may have feelings for me too, as there have been incidents in the past way too flirty to be considered a “just friends” thing. There was a period of time where she would do things like cuddle up with me every time we were hanging out alone together, and when I asked a mutual friend if the girl I like did that whenever they hung out, she said no. The problem is, lately she’s had a big crush on one of her friends who we all strongly believe is straight, and ever since then, I feel like she’s been distancing herself from me a bit and cuddling with me less.

Today, she invited me to hang out alone with her for the first time in a while, and we had a great time, but every time she leaves I’m left feeling confused about what I should do. I don’t want to ruin anything because we have plans to move out together, possibly with another friend in a few years, but she really means the world to me. I’m scared to make the first move, but I also know that if she really does like me back, she’s probably too shy to as well. On top of it all, I haven’t come out to my family either, so only one really close friend knows about my feelings for this girl. Sorry this was long, but I’ll take any advice I can get. This sucks! :,(

In love with my best friend

on Dec 3 2017 at 13:32
This is like any other relationship. It takes work to make it grow. You say she is "shy" yet your actions together don't demonstrate that.

Decide if you want to make this happen. You already know her head is turned by another.

May I ask your ages.?

In love with my best friend

SHY SHEEP
on Dec 3 2017 at 19:16
We’re both 18, but neither of us has ever dated or even kissed anyone, which is part of why I’m nervous about it, as I know first love situations rarely work out. I probably should’ve clarified too, when I said she’s too shy, I meant that if she had feelings for me and ACTUALLY wanted to tell me verbally, my friend and I agreed that she probably just wouldn’t.

In love with my best friend

on Dec 4 2017 at 23:02
Girlfriend crushes are commin, but pErhaps you need more experience before professing or moving things forward. You say you are bi., but have not explored being with guys yet.

You are having sexual feelings for this girl, perhaps simply because you have gotten physically close to her. There may come a time when that will happen with a guy. They like to cuddle and kiss, too.

No need to rush into anything. Spend time with lots of people and let things happen as they will. Leave all options open.