Access to kids

I have a court order in place, I have them every other weekend, from fri afternoon, to sun afternoon. It’s my weekend this weekend. It’s also my year to have my kids over Christmas, as my x wife had them last year. It was agreed I would have them from 7 Christmas Eve to 7 Christmas Day. With this, it pretty much gives me from the fri afternoon right through till x mas day. My x wife is now trying to stop me having them on my legal weekend, and that I can pick the kids up only on X mas eve night. If I refuse to give the kids back Christmas Eve, because I’ve legally got them over Xmas period as well... what can she do?

Access to kids

The best thing is what is good for the children. Not fair to stress them out.

In my daughter's divorce, holidays were split. One had the kids on the Eve for an overnight. They had a nice dinner and opened gifts and spent the night.

Then the kids were taken to dad's house by noon on Xmas day where they spent the night.

The school vacation days were figured out later.

I've never heard of one parent having the entire Xmas holiday. Your children deserve to spend some time with both parents.

Access to kids

Busterdog, did you have a Family Law (divorce) solicitor you could consult by phone about this?