I Love Her Kids But She Is Ruining My Life.

SCRAP264
on Jan 11 2018 at 22:10
Drug advice forum category advice forum category I currently provide for my girlfriend and her two boys. I've raised them on and off since birth but for last two years they live with me in my house. I would do anything in the world for those boys.

Anyways for the last year she has been addicted to xanax and adderall and Dr's just keep perscribing it more and more. She always runs out and then steals money from me to get more and its led her to make many shady friends who have also stolen from me. Its killing her body she's always getting pneumonia and going to ER, she's been arrested multiple times and now has no license and can't work.

I've enabled her so long hoping she would get better because I have no claim to the kids they aren't actually mine even though I care for them and they call me daddy. I know kicking her out is kicking them out as well but its gotten to the point where I'm ruined financially, my side business is in shambles, and I just can't find any happiness.

Any advice from anyone out there?

I love her kids but she is ruining my life.
on Jan 13 2018 at 15:19
Wow, this is such a sad story. And very complicated, too, so you need to bring in outside help. Are there relatives that are also watching this tragedy? Her parents around?

You know the next step is going to be thru the courts. If you get guardianship of the kids, you can then regulate how much time she has with them and you. And your financial obligation to her is ended.

She needs in-patient treatment. Seek out agencies to help with how she must realize that she must get help for her addiction.