Breaking up is more complicated the second time around

Hi, I was dating this girl for 4 years but about 3 months ago I tried breaking up with her. The emphasis on tried, I broke up with her but she took it so badly that to stop her tears I said we could work on the relationship. Its now at a point where I’m getting feelings for someone else and I can’t carry on pretending that I’m working on the relationship with my ex to be. I just can’t try again knowing that she’s going to cry because I still see her as one of my best friends and I really don’t want to hurt her. Advice?

Well no, don't ever be mean or demanding - to anyone!! Bunny, please!! Right now she's with someone who doesn't love her--- don't you think she already knows that ? I bet this is not going to unexpected to her. Know that she Is going to be upset and she WON'T be a friend anymore, because that's what happens when people break up. It's too bad that this is because of another person. It would be so much better if you needed to be have some time and space to grow and figure out what you want to do. Take a breather and self-check your needs and actions.

I would love to be able to set her up with someone but an added complication is that she lives about 1 hours drive away and I know nobody over her direction

She’s an introvert and talks to me and work colleagues and that’s about it. Another reason I wanted to remain friends is so she’s not completely alone.

Is this an internet "relationship" you had, or did you actually date her, in person? So it's long-distance now? And your NEW (potential) relationship, is it in-person, or a LDR? Breaking up is hard to do, but it's done every day. Just start reducing the number of times you talk to her. I don't think a "I'm no longer interested, but here's another guy for you" ploy is a good idea. It is demeaning and presumptuous and let's her know you don't think she can find another suitable guy herself.

It was an in person relationship..... she moved for work about a year ago. And the new possible relationship is in person and it takes 35 minutes to see her.