I feel so depressed and defeated.

SMORGE
Health advice forum category advice forum category Well I'm 31 years old and I have lumbar scoliosis and an extra vertebrae. It has gotten to the point now where I am physically unable to shave my legs. If I was single this wouldn't bother me but I live with my fiance.

Here's the problem, he tries to be intimate or just flat out play around and I snap at him because I don't want him to touch me. Any confidence I had has disappeared and I feel myself falling back into serious depression.

I know it sounds like a real petty reason to be depressed but I feel like my body is just non-stop failing me.... I just want to feel better about myself again..

Do you have a home care aide? Your Dr can write an order for you so that a female assistant can come into the home and help you. A new hair-do and makeup is a fun way for you to feel better.

Your BF loves you and wants to be close to you. It sounds like you don't feel good about yourself, but apparently he finds you attractive. He loves you - what a wonderful thing!!

TULOWITZ
Member since: 18 November 2017
Please don’t ever feel like you’re being petty! I think it’s great that you want to take care of yourself. It’s so hard to have to give up our freedom or ask for help from others. I may not understand your situation completely, but I had polio and have had a paralyzed leg for over 40 years. As I get older, things get harder for me, but I still try to do a lot for myself. Is there someone, a female relative or girlfriend that you trust enough to help you with shaving your legs? This may also be a good time to start letting your fiancé know about some of your limitations. Have you tried to talk honestly with him letting him know that he’s not the problem and that you love him? My husband is a good man, but he doesn’t like to deal with personal issues. He’s always been supportive of the people that I’ve chosen to help me with some of my personal issues. The thing is, he knows I have them. Love between a man and a woman should be unconditional. Your fiancé may have been attracted to you physically at first, but I’m sure he loves you for more than that now. Please know that my heart really goes out to you. I’ll be praying that you can figure this out and have a great life!
HONE
Hope you will be ok!