Petty Arguments

BAILEY
Relationship advice My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year and a half. However, one of the biggest issues we have is getting into meaningless arguments. I can admit that I am sometimes at fault. But, he has a very short temper and even the smallest thing can set off his temper. He never gets physical but it’s tiring having to always watch what I say in fear that he might take it the wrong way and blow it out of proportion.

We’ve had several conversations and he always says he’ll try to be more level- headed but it never lasts long. I really love him a lot but I can’t keep getting into pointless arguments everyday. What should I do?

Petty Arguments
What are these "small" things that get you two into "meaningless argumrnts."?
Petty Arguments
BAILEY
For example I’ll make a joke about something and he’ll get offended. Even if I immediately apologize for it he still won’t let it go and then not turns into this big spectacle. One time he even got upset with me for “not holding his hand correctly.”