Should I be insulted or worse?

Relationship advice Dating someone for over 2 years. He has been invited to all of my family events, local and otherwise. I also took him on my family vacation last year to an Alaskan cruise.
Fast forward to this weekend: I invited him and his adult daughter to holiday dinner Friday night but he only invited me (not my adult son who he is fairly close with), to his sister's home on Saturday night for her holiday dinner. When he first invited me I assumed my son was invited but he said "no". I met his sister once before and we certainly got along.
Is this wrong? We are talking about living together, so why would she exclude my son?

Should I be insulted or worse?

Please don’t let his sister’s actions affect your relationship. There are several reasons why your son was not invited, including that she just didn’t have room in her home.

Smile and attend the event. Perhaps you will find out why she had to limit the invitation to you and your beau. But don’t take this personally.

Should I be insulted or worse?

I think it is a good idea that you ask him why he didn't invite your son. What better way to find information than from the source?

Should I be insulted or worse?

she obviously doesn't want the other guests to know you have children. you should refuse to participate if your son is not invited as this is super insult to you. i would suggest that you not live with unfeeling guy that allowed this insult. he should have refused to go also.

line yourself up with a loser boyfriend like him will causes unending suffering for you. straighten him out now on your son come first in your priorities.

Should I be insulted or worse?

The event is at his sister's home. This is a party for HER. She probably had a list of people she wanted to invite.

It might be as simple as limited space.

Should I be insulted or worse?

and who she doesn't want to be at her party so as to show she is #1 important to her brother and slap you in the face.

Should I be insulted or worse?

Your son is an adult, your boyfriends sister is under absolutely no obligation to entertain any members of your family other than yourself just because you're her brother's partner. You say you've met his sister only once, so expecting her to invite other members of your family is unreasonable. You cannot expect his family members to feel obligated to include your ADULT son in everything. The clue is in the word ADULT. Your son will be sharing the Friday dinner at your place, why do you need him to be included in an event which is nothing to do with him? He should have his own social life going on. If he was 10 years old you would have reason to be questioning this, but as it is you're actually difficult and rude.

Should I be insulted or worse?

just give him a time out of a month so he won't be disrespectful and rude in the future is another option. definitely no sex for him at least a month. you should refuse to participate without son. your boyfriend has same rude personality as @MSJHEXTALL so discipline is necessary for controlling situation.