I know I've cheated but what do i do?

I've been in a relationship for the last two years. I adore this person they are honestly the best to ever happen to me. Last month i went out with friends and then went back to a house party. I was talking to this person who also knows my girlfriend. she was super drunk and i was fairly bad too. Long story short we kissed for approximately 5 seconds. I stopped it and then we both stopped it it was so horrible and so stupid. i know i cheated i know it was stupid and honestly i have no idea why i did it at all. i am riddled with guilt but selfishly i dont want to tell my girlfriend about it. I hate what ive done and i know thats no excuse and she deserves to know but i really do love her and i dont know what to do? am i being super selfish about the whole situation? or am i blowing it out of proportion for something that could really upset her and meant nothing? I'm not worried about her finding out i am just guilty that it happened at all because i wouldnt consider myself a cheater or capable of hurting her. I know it was only a kiss but why the eff did i do it was so stupid and i dont know if ill ever shake the guilt.

I know I've cheated but what do i do?

Why did you do It? The alcohol had a lot to do with it. Being out of control. Plus your setting ( alone with a drunk girl) Stop doing those two things, and learn from the expeience.

I know I've cheated but what do i do?

Hello GIRL4366678: If you find a way to not be drunk in a setting where your girlfriend is not present, then I don't see a reason to tell her about that kiss. In other words, if you can see to it that it doesn't happen again, what will be the point of telling her? No benefit to it, not to her and not to you. If you cannot correct this situation, that is, if you find yourself in this setting again, drunk in a party/ with people but without your girlfriend, then you should tell her so that she can make informed choices regarding the relationship with you.

I know I've cheated but what do i do?

honestly confess to her. if she finds out from someone else about your cheating episode you could lose her. i would be much more upset to find out my man was cheating on me from a third party than a honest confession from him and circumstances as you have said here.

I know I've cheated but what do i do?

A 5 second kiss is not “cheating.” Lapse of judgement, foolish, impulsive, brought on by drinking and poor choice of friends. You may or may not be “found out.” You don’t mention your age, but be sure you are not making promises you can’t keep.