Am I late in life?

I am a male, 38 years of age and will turn 39 in May 2018 (next month). I am married and don’t have any kids. I haven’t bought my first home yet. However I am planning to buy a home now and I will be able to buy it probably around end of this year. Then I am planning to have my first child. Am I already too late in life? I feel worried and a bit depressed. I feel I should have done this at least 5-6 years ago. Any advice will help. Thank you.

Am I late in life?

Hi, And NO you are not late at all. If "you're feeling worried and a bit depressed" this is self-imposed and not what you really should be feeling which should be "how much you love your wife and the fact that you are about to purchase a home to raise your new born child...If you feel anything; feel being blessed. Buying your first home is exciting and watching the birth of your child is life changing, embrace today, this moment and be happy. Look toward your future rather than the past. You said " Am I already too late in life?" I think you're are about to experience your best life yet.

Am I late in life?

Hello Rohitroygre: You asked if you are too late, at 38, to be purchasing your first home at the end of this year and then have your first child. My answer: I don't think it matters when others purchase their first home and when others have their first child. This is so because what statistics regarding others' timetables do not reveal whether they are content in their lives and most importantly, to me, whether they do a good job as parents. What is so great having one's first child at 32 ("5-6 years ago") if the younger parent does a terrible job at it. And when your child grows up, his or her last concern would be when you purchased your first home. I think that what would matter to your child, to you and to your wife would be the love in the family, the safety, the lack of fighting, the lack of aggression in any way, in the home. The timetable, how it fits statistically with others' - that would be a matter of no consequence, I hope. anita

Am I late in life?

What does your wife think? This is something you and she needs to decide.