Why did he do this?

I would just really like to understand what is going through my ex’s mind at the moment.

We’ve broken up and made up several times before. The last time we broke up was our third break up (5 months ago) He is always the one to break up with me, and always the one to come running back. I usually make it very easy for him to come back into my life, but this time I’m playing very “ungettable”.

As soon as we broke up, I unfollowed him on Instagram, but he did not unfollow me and he has watched every single one of my Instagram stories for 5 months. There has been no contact for those 5 months but recently he messaged me on Instagram. He didn’t directly ask to get back together, I assume because he feels embarrassed since we’ve gone down this road before several times. But he did say that I look like this model and said that I look good and asked how I was doing. I didn’t give in to his sudden flirty compliment, but I did reply saying that I was doing well and asked how he was doing, to which he replied very coldly that he was also doing well (I’m guessing because I didn’t give in like I usually do).

The conversation ended there, and after that he started liking the pictures that I posted throughout the next few weeks (I’m guessing to get my attention?), something he never usually does when we’re broken up. However today he unfollowed me, and I would just like to know why, after all this time? And is there a chance he might try to contact me again, since he didn’t necessarily block me?

Why did he do this?

Why are you worrying about this person at all? He's broken up with you three times, that should be enough for you to stop thinking he wants to be with you. If he cared for you like a mature adult he'd still be involved with you instead of prowling around social media like a stupid teenager. Seriously, he sounds like a jerk.

Why did he do this?

You are not playing the usual game where you break up and then you take him back. Been so easy for him.

He’s not creative enough or mature enough to get you back by himself.

That ought to tell you something.

After 5 months, it’s time to move on.

Why did he do this?

Hello Ash2020:

You asked what is going through your ex's mind at the moment. I don't know, of course. But it is possible that he is playing games, thinking if he does X, maybe you will feel this way and do Y.

You wrote: "this time I am playing very 'ungettable'" - well, maybe the two of you are playing.

I think life would be better if everyone expressed what they wanted simply, clearly, directly. What do you think?

anita