Deadbeat mother

NIKNIK
on Jun 17 2018 at 16:31
Member since: 17 June 2018
Other advice Well I just graduated high school and I’ve been working since my sophomore year. My mother doesn’t do anything for me but she does everything for her other 3 kids. I literally work my ass off for EVERYTHING I OWN! I saved up for a car that had unfortunately too many problems that I couldn’t fix and I can barely get a ride to work from her. Since graduating I’ve spent almost every min I possibly could at work because not only am I going out of state to school I have to buy everything on my own because she doesn’t do anything to support me.

I’ve had good grades and I’m on a scholarship and I didn’t get a a congratulations.

Deadbeat mother

DUNNOWHATTODO
on Jun 19 2018 at 10:07
Member since: 19 June 2018
Congratulations. What you are going through sucks, but you are obviously a very determined,focused,hardworking person. You will go far and you will know you did it for yourself, that you were not handed it by anyone.

I know from experience that when you are strong, determined and hardworking that sometimes parents don't think you need their help, have you actually sat down and spoken to your mother face to face and calmly told her how you feel.

We assume our mothers know everything about us, what we forget is that they are human to and sometimes they fuc* up and get things wrong.

Good Luck with everything, I am sure you will do great things in this world moms support or not

Deadbeat mother

on Jun 19 2018 at 13:11
I agree with Dunno - you sound competent and capable. So maybe Mom thinks you don’t need her. Three other kids? Maybe she’s overwhelmed, herself. Is she a single mother?

It sounds like you need emotional attention and no wonder! You would make any adult proud if your accomplishments and drive. Are there any other adults - relatives or at work - that you feel could respond to your needs?

I’m sending you a “grandma hug” across the miles, anyway. You are quite a person!

Deadbeat mother

BUNNYHABIT
on Jun 26 2018 at 08:47
do you have a coworker, friend or relative you can live with rather than suffering this abuse? i am assuming you an adult based on already graduated from high school. perhaps just a short time out will be sufficient for your mother to mend her ways when she realizes how hurt you are by her attitude.

Deadbeat mother

SKINNYGIRL2
on Jun 27 2018 at 14:31
Hi- Congratulations on your accomplishments! How old are you? If you are 18 years old, then your mother has met her obligation in terms of parenting you. By most states you are of legal age, and parents do not have any legal financial obligations to you. I too found myself in your position. I realized that the only person I could count on was me. I learned fast that I was now an adult and parental strings had been cut.

Education is the key to everything. Focus and prepare yourself to enter college. Since you plan on going to school out of state, contact your College Counselor and see what other benefits or programs are available to you. You don't need the expense of car. You can also look into getting financial aid (90% of students are on financial aid). Make sure to keep your grades up to ensure the possibility of more scholarships.

You may also find a part time job; however make sure you can balance the job and your studies. Contact your College Counselor with all questions and concerns.

Keep in touch with this site; you'll find a lot of support here.