Being dumb

URGIRL
on Jul 5 2018 at 19:33
Member since: 05 July 2018
Long Distance Relationship advice I started chatting to this boy a lot online, for the past 5 or so months. I’ve never met him, have no idea what he looks like, he lives in America (I live in the UK), and he’s 23 years old (I’m only 16).

I know I’ve been dumb by doing this and continuing to do this, because I am just setting myself up to be hurt. I don’t understand why I seem to like him so much, but I do and it’s difficult and I’m not sure what to do.

I love talking to him, so much, but I don’t want myself to be hurt anymore. Should I just end it now?

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated, I didn’t know who to come to about this, so hopefully this will work.

Being dumb

LILY31
on Jul 7 2018 at 13:43
Member since: 08 September 2016
Hi,

It's not dumb, you just need to be careful and always have in the back of your mind he might not be who he says he is.

Maybe, look at it like he's pen pal than anything else and don't give out too much information about yourself or send him any pics.

Being dumb

on Jul 8 2018 at 21:55
You like him because he pays attention to you, listens to you, and seems interested.

But you know nothing about him. “He” could be a 60 year old weirdo or any one of other cyber freak getting jollies talking to a young girl.

If he cant prove himself to you - in pictures and family life history and school discussions, then drop this relationship.

Being dumb

TULOWITZ
on Jul 12 2018 at 16:23
Member since: 18 November 2017
It sounds to me like you enjoy talking to people and having them give you an ear to listen. That's not a bad thing, but you need to be careful. Just because this guy says he's in the U.S. doesn't make it true.

The internet is a wonderful gift, but many people have found ways to make it bad and scary. You need to be very careful. It might be better for you to make friends right where you are, people who you can see, people who are closer to your own age. 7 years may not sound like a lot of years, but this guy has already gone through many things that you need to see yet.

I'm 63 and I remember being 16. I wanted so much to have someone love me. I had good parents and loving brothers and sisters but I wanted more. Be patient. You have a life time ahead of you and I pray it's a good one!

Being dumb

ROYAL BABY
on Jul 13 2018 at 19:22
Member since: 26 April 2018
Firstly please don't call yourself dumb just because you have found someone in your life who clearly makes you feel happy

Please though don't let your heart rule your head either, sadly in.the world we currently live in not everyone is who they appear to be, but if all you are doing is chatting online and you are happy to continue to do that then why not?

As long as you are safe that's the main thing , take care