Girlfriend lied about NOT being a virgin

I am a girl and have been with my girlfriend 2 years now, its very serious and she was about to propose in two days and our 2 year anniversary is in 6 days. However yesterday I was suspicious pf something she said and long story short she just told me that she was a virgin when we met but she lied saying she had been with 2 people before me. She says she did this because she was ashamed and embarrassed to be a virgin at 30yrs old and wanted to impress me. Once we were together she learned how much i hate liars due to past relationships so she kept the lies up because she was scared to lose me. I can understand why she lied since I've been with many more people than her but it is such a betrayal to me that she has been lying to me for the entire time we have been together. Im wondering if I should give her another chance and try to learn to trust her again

She gave you the reason for the “ lie” and the reason she continued to hold on to the story. Maybe she had to do that since you are so fragile, you could’t handle that she once had lovers before you came along, that somehow you would think of her as “ damaged goods.” So she protected your fantasy/ego all this time. What a burden she has had to carry! .