PeoplesProblems Logo

What would you do?

Default profile image
Relationship advice I have been married for 14 years and due to a difficult marriage we have been living in together but been sleeping in separate rooms for 4 years. No sexual contact has happened. We have a child who is 12 and together we raise her.
He cheated on me in the past but insists that i have no proof that it happened.

As we live separately and i no longer find him attractive i keep asking for a divorce. He refuses to respond and turns a deaf ear when the subject comes up. To be honest i am waiting for another year which will make 5 years of not living as man and wife. And divorce him without permission.

This morning a package arrived it was open with a note from the postman.

The contents was 2 male enhancement tablets....for strength,stamina,libido....and another one for vitality, virility, and Vigor...

Part of me wants to confront him as to me this indicates that he is cheating. However as i feel that without proof i cant do anything.

Anyway knowing him he will say he brought it to get back with me. However we have not discussed this, and if he did suggest it i would say no as i dont find him attractive emotional and physical anymore.

What are your thoughts?

What would you do?

Default profile image
Are you in the US? Most states have no- fault divorce. When one party wants a divorce, that starts the procedure. No more having to have “proof” of the marriage falling apart.

This non- marriage has gone on long enough. He probably is unhappy, too.

Have a heart to heart with him and decide if it is best to separate. Let him know that there is no marriage - I’m sure he feels the same.

Counseling may help, if only to help sort out custody issues and housing arrangements for your child.

I wouldn’t say anything about his delivery. He can explain or not. But after 4 years, is it a real issue any more?

What would you do?

Default profile image
Your so right thank you. Best to not mention the packet.
Btw im in the UK. The divorce law sucks.....

This thread has expired - why not start your own?