Is he playing me?

Relationship advice I met this guy in college, and we became friends. 4 months later, he tells me that he loves me and hints to having a future together. During the fifth month since our meeting, I asked if he had me in his future plans so everything would be clear, and he told me that he has no intention of ever leaving my side. Two weeks later, I mention an official relationship and boom!! he decides that we are great friends but he's not ready for one. However, he still treats me the same way as a lover and ignores me when I question his behavior. Whenever I try to ignore him, he's like:"are you sick of me?".

Is he playing me?

What’s an “official” relationship? Promise ring? Exclusivity? Engagement?

Five months is not a very long time. More is needed, including spending a year’s worth of holidays with him.

You really don’t know him that well...

Is he playing me?

I meant a boyfriend- girlfriend relationship. Thanks for the advice.

Is he playing me?

So he basically wants this to be a “ friends with benefits” relationship? And you want more - exclusive relationship, moving to something more?

Sounds like he’s not having anything to do with that. Scared? Too young? Seeing other girls?

Only you can decide if you are patient enough to work on this over time, in hopes he gets more serious - or you need someone who thinks like you do and will give attention to the status of your relationship after five months.

Is he playing me?

It's fear I believe. He was heartbroken before and his ex is a crazy physco who threatens him to kill herself if he doesn't get back to her and has serious jealousy issues.

Is he playing me?

Psycho*. She even verbally attacked me because she saw us chatting.

Is he playing me?

he wants to lead the relationship parade with you as most guys do. he doesn't want a bossie clingy woman. i believe you are paying for toxic relationship with his ex. if you can enjoy a domaint boyfriend and be a submissive girlfriend then your relationship has a future. he doesn't want a toxic or jealous lover like his past relationship and is attempting to mold you accordingly. up to you to decide what kind of relationship you deserve.