Allowing a relationship to continue... I'm in love, he's not

Started a sexual relationship 22 mos ago. We agreed to be discreet. Within a couple of months, I fell in love with him. I never let him know. If he knew, he'd run. I continue to be with him bc I'd rather have some of him than none of him. He says he loves me. He does, but in a friend way. But I have romantic love. There is no romantic love on his part. We don't go anywhere in public. No one in his life knows about me. I need to get over him. I don't know how. My head knows but my heart won't listen. Please, someone, tell me how to get through this.

After almost 2 years, why hasn’t this relationship gone “public”?

You’ve been too convenient for him. You have revolved around HIS needs, and neglected your own.

If you cut/blocked/ignored him, would he even act to get you back? That’s the only way to find out how important you are to him.

Otherwise, he would be content with keeping you in the “friend zone” for who knows how long? Til HE falls in love with someone?

Draw the line in the sand. He owes you more than what he offers.

I agree that you need to draw a line in the sand. This guy is taking you conveniently and if you move on...he"ll be moving on too...playing games. Of that I am sure