Do drugs destroy families?

Drug advice Hello, I have a problem. I recently found out that my wife is on drugs.

I have always felt that drugs are some thing that would never come between us, because I felt we were beyond it. now I feel that I have been foolish.

She has been burning through cash for several months, spending thousands of dollars that she hasn't been able to account for. We almost lost our home before I cut her from our cash. Now she is pawning my personal possessions as well as hers. These possessions that I care a lot about.

Afterwards I glanced over to see her texting and found some suspicious verbiage, so I started looking into it, finding her drugs hidden away.

Now knowing the extent of this i fear for the safety of our children. We have 5, three being between 6 and 2.

After learning of her new habit I tried to be understanding, trying to find ways to help her out of the habit. I have also taken I tough love approach. Its doesn't seem to matter how I approach this it keeps going. I would like to be more patient, but I fear that if I do we could lose our children or worse.... see harm come to them.

I hold great value in my family, and would like to emerge from this keeping it in tact, but I'm not sure it's possible. How so I help her while keeping my family safe? How do I protect my assets with out losing what's really important?

Do drugs destroy families?

What do you mean you “thought you were beyond it” ( drug use) Did you both used to use?

Get your wife into counseling. Go with her.

Five kids?!! Yikes. That’s a huge load on a mother.

This is a family issue and you need to take steps to ensure a healthy environment for everyone.