Extreme loner

Other advice I am just wondering what I should do going forward.

Growing up I was mostly kept inside by overprotective parents and played video games in my room by myself. When I got into high school I made some good friends that always invited me to do things and dragged me around places. I even dated a girl for four years, and we lived together for a while, but eventually broke up.

When I graduated from college I moved 1000 miles away from home to take a well paying full time job. I didn't bother keeping in touch with anyone. I can say without exaggeration that I now have zero friends. I never leave my house except for work. When I get home I just play video games and watch anime until I go to sleep.

I remember if I spent too much time with other people I would get unreasonably grumpy/angry. I could never enjoy family camping trips because I could never get away from people.

I don't feel sad or depressed, and I enjoy my hobbies. I always feel like I SHOULD be doing something different with my life, but there is nothing that I really want to do. I never tire of things, and could probably play the same games for the rest of time. I have been considering finding a job in my hometown, so I could at least be around my family and try to rekindle some old friendships.

Should I move home? Would that change me at all? Is there anything wrong with me or my lifestyle?

Extreme loner

There’s only something “wrong” if you think there is.

It sounds like you want to connect with people - somewhat. You say you have hobbies. Is there a group of people who might share that same passion? You must reach out to them. Make it a goal to find at least one friend within the next month. A live person, not on- line.

There’s nothing wrong about wanting to be alone, as long as you aren’t lonely. Sounds like you might be.

Actually, that’s a good sign. Creative people make moves out of need.