Really screwed up

A couple of nights ago, I was having some beers with a neighbor at our community pool, after we both went home, he sent me a text asking if I wanted to come over and have a few more, kids were in bed wife was on the couch watching tv, and I just went over there without saying anything to my wife, and I texted her an hour later telling her where I was. She is furious with me and rightfully so. I have apologized profusely, but she is still very upset. She is staying in the bedroom and giving me the silent treatment. I know this will take some time, I hurt her feelings pretty good, I am truly remorseful, and am just looking for any advice on how much time I should give her, if I should continue apologizing, or just give her space until she cools down.

Really screwed up

HOW are you apoligizing? Your action was rude and impulsive. It discounted your wife and your marriage. It put alcohol and “ the guys” before her. You left her sitting there, alone. And yet your question is how much time is this going to take before she “gets over” it. Or how much talking do you have to do? (Which you may consider as groveling) This kind of hurt is a huge cut in a woman’s heart. Yes, it takes time to heal, but that will require action from you to show her she comes first - before the alcohol and “the guys.” Do you have any ideas how that can happen? BTW: is this a habit of yours? ( putting the guys and booze ahead of your family?)