My family is not in support of my relationship

EXITOSOSENORA
on Nov 24 2018 at 14:06
Member since: 24 November 2018
Relationship advice Hi, my family says to not date people of other religions and told me to break up with my christian boyfriend who I'm madly in love with. My mom said if I go against her order, she won't forgive me. She said I have to pick between our family and my boyfriend. I love my boyfriend so much but I can't pick him over my family. At that point I decided to end things with the loml but I still can't get myself to do it.

Even though I'm dating the loml, I'm still not at peace. One moment I'm happy I have the loml, the other moment I'm sad knowing my family is never going to accept him. I can't talk to my family and friends about him as they all think I shouldn't date people of other religions.

Last night we had issues and he said to break up. I was pained but at that moment I thought it was for the good since my family is against us. I just thought I'd fight really hard to get over him.

But we eventually sorted things out and he said he wasn't serious about us breaking up. At that moment I was happy but once I remembered my family again I was disturbed.

I don't know what to do as i can't get myself to end things with the loml and at the same time I don't wanna disobey my family.

on Nov 26 2018 at 17:23
You don’t give your age or how long you have been seeing this guy.

Knowing how rigid that YOUR religion is, why did you start up with someone who goes against it?

This is causing you much stress. It is stressing out your relationship, too. And your mother is stressed out.

This thread has expired, but why not create your own?