Same sex marriage with 3 month old daughter

OHMYGAYNESS
on Jan 9 2019 at 18:18
LGBT advice I met my wife 3 years ago and we got married after 18 months of being together. We broke up kind of frequently during our dating period and we even stopped talking for like 2 months.

I was scared to have a child because everyone needs attention from their spouse but she puts extra attention to the baby. Like I could come home, eat, shower and go to sleep without talking to her.

We have definitely hit a real big obstacle in our marriage. I’m not really social when it comes to expressing my feelings, so I keep them inside. Every time we have argued she told me we are getting a divorce, no matter how big or small that was her go to and I am mentally drained and tired.

Just about 2 weeks ago we got in a huge argument and was ready to get a divorce. The feelings went away but here we are 2 weeks later and I feel all of the anger, depression and frustration I felt 2 weeks ago. I’m 50/50 because we did start a family and she would move back to NC, while I stay in TX. I won’t be able to see my daughter that often. I also think my decision to stay right now is because of the baby. I do love her but we are not the same towards one another.

I started talking to my ex again, just having casual conversations. After 8 years of knowing her, I still feel the same about her like when we first met. I feel horrible about it but I can’t help how I feel. I needed outlets and I know she wouldn’t try to break my marriage up but give me good advice. She has given me good advice, people at work has, and my closest friends have also but I still feel like I want to get a divorce.

on Jan 9 2019 at 18:32
Couples counseling is in order, first, when a child’s welfare is at stake

OR

Get ready for the courts to get involved. Divorced parents have to show how they each will assure the safety of the children to the judge.

Its doubtful that a parent can take a child out of state without getting court permission, so you have time to get a home and show you have proper visitation facilities for child visitation. Object to her taking the child away.

This is, of course, assuming you have a legal marriage, parental joint rights of this child, and that you do, indeed, want a relationship with this child. There will be child support and visitation to agree to. So stop the arguing and have a rational discussion.

Get legal counsel now. Your friends arent your legal advocates. And don’t enter into another relationship at this time. That’s the last thing you need that could complicate all this!

This thread has expired - why not create one of your own?