Am I Taking Too Much Risk Staying With Boyfriend Who Has Had Money Issues In Pas

TRUSTING
on Jan 10 2019 at 21:11
Relationship advice My boyfriend is really trying to turn his life around despite having a terrible record of (mis)handling money. He exhibits poor financial judgement which has exacerbated his money woes.

Fast forward...he, with my advice, is doing better and pays his bills generally on time. This would be fine if I was only going to the date him the rest of my life but we are both retirement age (or getting close to it) and he wants to live with me (and marry if possible).

We do get along but I just feel like I can't trust him with his $ issues because he has lied in the past and b/c of his limited finances. I'm in a different position and am posed for a comfortable retirement.

I am very anxious about this issue and don't know if more time (I've been dealing with this for several years) will take care of this and even if he is finally handling his bills, etc., what happens if there is a relapse? In other words, is it (he) a lost cause??