I have a crush on my younger brother

KAT98RS
on Jan 31 2019 at 18:17
Relationship advice I think i have a crush on my 19 years old younger brother. I am 24. I work as a waitress in a cafeteria.

Almost three weeks ago i invited my brother, my boyfriend, my best friend (female) and a couple (friends) to the cafeteria i was working. A group of guys started catcalling me.

My boyfriend and my friends didn’t do anything. But my brother intervened and began to threaten him. “I am gonna beat you up if you don’t shut your mouth and apologize to her etc.”

After several minutes of “boyish” trash talk between them, the guys finally apologized to me. I was like (oh, that's what a real man should do to protect a girl).

Since then I can’t get him out of my mind. My heart is beating faster when I am near him. I am not sexually thinking of him, but I guess I want to get his attention. I am hugging him; I am caressing his hair, giving him a message on his back & shoulders, sitting in his lap sometimes, preparing breakfast for him every morning, etc.

But I never never thought of him being naked or anything incestuous.

But after three weeks I still have that feeling. I am afraid it could get worse. Any way to get rid of it?

I have a crush on my younger brother
That was a very traumatic situation. Your brother stood up for you and seemed to “protect” you. The situation turned out successfully for you.

Who wouldn’t see him as a hero, now?

These feelings of admiration and gratitude are perfectly normal. However, if they get exaggerated, you might start to feel uncomfortable.

Is that what is happening?

Try to see this as something you all got through and there are good people around who can help out when you need it.

Your brother was there at just the right time (although some people might say he took a risk standing up aline to a group of ruffians. It could have turned out in a really bad way)

Consider talking to a counselor about this. You dint want this incident to affect your relationship with your brother or make you afraid to go out.

I have a crush on my younger brother
BUNNYHABIT
There is nothing wrong with loving a family member as long as you avoid actual sexual activities especially unprotected sexual contact.

Inbreeding results in homozygosity, which can increase the chances of offspring being affected by deleterious or recessive traits. This usually leads to at least temporarily inbreeding depression, which is the ability to survive and reproduce.

You definitely need a new boyfriend that will care for you as your brother did in this confrontation. Look for a man with the same traits as your brother to avoid the possibility of a incestuous relationship with your brother.

I have a crush on my younger brother
KAT98RS
Yeah, i let my emotions and feelings get exaggerated and now it's too late. Recently i admited to myself that i am in love with him. I can't interpret it differently. I started to have symptoms of depression like anxiety, insomnia, anorexia. But when i am talking to him i am alright. I tried to ignore him once but i couldn't. He seems too cute. And i feel safe while being near him. That's why i realized that i am SOOO SICK. I have already arranged a visit to the psychiatrist. I obviously don't want to do anything sexual with my brother. That's just wrong and i know it. But i am also afraid of myself. I hope those feelings won't stay with me any longer.

Thank you for the support.

I have a crush on my younger brother
BUNNYHABIT
you have taken the best course of action by seeking psychiatric assistance. but i still think finding a boyfriend with bros attributes will draw you away from the single focused love for your bros. you are only human so tuck away a condom just in case you lose control accidentally. hopefully your psychiatric treatment will be successful quickly to avoid upsetting your biological clock

This thread has expired, but why not create your own?