Not wearing a bra is my mom right

LAAR
S-e-x advice Hi

I joined here because it seems like a good place to ask this. I just wanted some thoughts please and advice if I've done anything wrong. The other day I was at home doing not much and we have had trades men working on the walls inside the house for a few days because of some water problems we had

To try to make a big story short, I'm sure I'm like most women and when I'm at home I don't wear a bra and pretty much my mom came home and saw I wasn't wearing a bra under my top. I never do at home because they are not comfortable but my mom got angry at me and said it was not right for me to be braless when trades men are here working.

I just want to know if my mom over-reacting? I'm not real big up top. And I was wearing a top but just no bra under. So I don't see the problem I will say that even though i don't have big boobs

Pretty much my mom said it looks terrible and its not right when trades men are here. Is she over-reacting

Thank you

Not wearing a bra is my mom right
ALTREAL
Technically the workers' job is to work on the walls, not to look at you. And it doesn't sound like you were purposely trying to draw attention from them to the fact that you were going braless.

You are in your home. Yeah you want to be professional with company, but you should be able to relax and do your own thing in your household.

If you're feeling really on the fence about this issue now, maybe you can wear a comfy hoodie or sweater or something over your shirt.

Not wearing a bra is my mom right
DRAGONSFIRE
Honestly, you have to consider her age. if she is among the babyboomers the social constraints were strict during their years. In their time, Elvis was not filmed below his waist because they saw his dancing as sexual and crude. Fast forward to now LOL. Your mother is back dated. To make peace you can always wear a bra around her and take it off when she is gone. The other otiion, politely inform her that times are different now. Basically, it is the difference between generations.
Not wearing a bra is my mom right
Your mother may be trying to protect you. She may not trust groups of men in the home alone with a braless young woman.

It’s a sad commentary on our culture but she may have experience or knows of an incident where there was a problem with outside workers in the home, especially if they have become overly familiar with the young people in the home.

I live alone. When repairmen come into my home I am cautious. No wearing pjs, bathrobes, bathing suits, etc. because I know I am really not “ home alone.”

.

Humor your mother for just a few days ...

This thread has expired, but why not create your own?