Someone help!

WELSHY123
on Mar 11 2019 at 10:13
Relationship advice Hello,

I have been with my partner for 7 years, we have just bought a house together and have recently moved in. I have been feeling the "7 year itch" lately but did not act on it until the weekend just gone. I had one too many to drink (i know its no excuse) and i went home with someone i met at the bar. We did not sleep together but things did happen, i feel guilty and really want to tell my partner but he has a temper and I'm scared of what will happen, i don't have anywhere else to live and I guess I'm scared he will move me out and leave me with nothing... someone please help i dont know what to do

Someone help!
TIREDOFLIFE
on Mar 11 2019 at 11:43
Some things that are easy are right. But most things that are right are not easy.

Yea, you are correct, if you come clean then he probably will react badly and kick you out. But good on you for wanting to tell the truth, that's a step ahead of a lot of people in your situation.

I think this one is going to come down to your conscience.

Maybe have a quick think about a possible place to stay if you are going to tell the truth.

Someone help!
TIREDOFLIFE
on Mar 11 2019 at 11:48
Hope it all works out for the best
Someone help!
on Mar 11 2019 at 13:14
What is important is that you are restless in your relationship, drank too much, and acted impulsive.

Those are things YOU need to work on before dumping anything on a guy you just bought a house with!

Explore your “restlessness” —- why? Scared? Got yourself into something you aren’t sure of? Financially stuck?

Drinking — does this happen often?

Flirting to the point of going home with a guy — not you, or thinking about it alot?

Maybe deep down you want BF to break up with you so you set this scenario up. Otherwise, a devoted GF doesn’t even look at other guys, much less go home with them.

Lots to think about here. Maybe counseling will help you figure things out.

Someone help!
SOCCER15282
on Mar 12 2019 at 13:47
I think I can attest and agree with everyone hear that if you are tired of being in a relationship with someone espically if you have to drink out at the bar and come home with someomeone you don't know. I think it is best for you and him to be truthful and honest and either he will forgive you or not but you have to do the right thing for both closure and just the right thing to do. I wish you the best of luck. I do see that you are remoresful but you have to either move on but at the end of the day the ball is in his court now and not yours. The more you accept that the better the situation will be handled.

Good Luck!

Someone help!
ALTREAL
on Mar 14 2019 at 00:03
What I've found is that people often stay in imperfect situations because they have grown complacent. You settle for someone because you just want to be with someone, and the person you're with might be an alright person even, but they aren't what you want.

And you'll stick with it because it's the path of least resistance, even letting things go too far. In this instance, buying a house together.

Ask yourself, why did you find yourself drinking somewhere without your partner, and going home with someone else? Why did you feel that 7-year itch? Honestly it's because you're not all in this relationship, or maybe you don't even want to be with anyone right now and long for independence and life on your terms.

This thread has expired, but why not create your own?