Stressful situation causing anxiety

MANDARIN
on Apr 7 2019 at 21:22
Member since: 07 April 2019
Legal advice Can anyone on this forum advise me by answering this question ..

I feel I want to confide my story with a lawyer. I need to relate an incident regarding a third party.

My intention is to talk to the lawyer regarding what I have suffered due to the results arriving from this incident.

The question is "can I ask the lawyer to document the event? in case of repercussions later from the third party?"

Stressful situation causing anxiety
on Apr 8 2019 at 02:55
Is there a reason you have not gone to the police to file an incident report?

It sounds like you fear repercussions from this third party.

Stressful situation causing anxiety
MANDARIN
on Apr 8 2019 at 19:14
Member since: 07 April 2019
Thank you for your reply.

The reason I never went to the police is because I was only threatened by someone but no actual assault took place.

And I was worried for family members being targeted whilst at their business.

If i had to tell the lawyer that I was personally threatened but didn't want to involve police ..would the lawyer be legally obligated to inform the police of the threat to my person?

Stressful situation causing anxiety
on Apr 9 2019 at 14:02
In the US, the lawyer might recommend that you get a PPO (personal protection order) which would order this person not to come near you or your home or business. But that requires you go in front of a judge and state reasons why this person is such a threat to you. The judge will determine if the threat is valid.

If you just make a statement to the lawyer, what do you want done with this information?