Am I sad if I pay someone to cuddle me at night?

MATTAZ
on May 31 2019 at 00:02
Relationship advice This is my first post so bare with me. I’m a 22 year old male and in the past year have had two serious relationships end, both girls moved away (they had to for personal reasons) and in both cases, things turned sour in the end and we no longer speak.

Both breakups have left me feeling extremely depressed and lonely. However I’m trying to do all I can to heal and feel better- I’m hanging out with friends, going outside and exercising and all in all just trying to have a good time.

The one thing I can’t get over is this overwhelming feeling of loneliness and lack of physical intimacy. I feel like I just need someone to hold me at night and tell me that it’s going to all be okay.

Now, I don’t think I’m the sort of person that would ordinarily consider something like this - I’m young, popular, have a good job etc - people would describe me as the life and soul of the party, as funny, as happy. But I’m considering hiring someone to come over some nights and just hold me. Is that sad?

on Jun 1 2019 at 06:31
You are lonely. Recognize that feeling.

Sounds like you will be able to do something about it.

HOOO!
on Jun 2 2019 at 12:15
Well it not only sounds sad. You are sad. That's the reason you are considering doing something about it.

I don't see that as a problem.

Maybe it's sad that you are sad. But it is what it is.

Paying someone in order to feel loved doesn't sound that far stupid to me.

However it is still kind of a lie. Nonetheless if it helps then it's probably a good thing as long as it is not a permanent solution.

I'd personally prefer to do that with a female friend tho

on Jun 2 2019 at 13:29
Girls like authentic men. So if you come off as unapproachable, because of this funnyman, carefree, unattainable, aloof guy role you play, then no girl will even try to get close to you.

So stop pushing girls away with this barrier you have set up around yourself.

Join a club or co-ed sports or whatever is your interest and work up a real relationship.