You down with OPP?

Relationship advice In this instance, OPP stands for other people’s problems. My problem is this: I have a large vocabulary that tends to alienate. Women, primarily, seem to be offended when I express myself. It’s not anything sexual, as I am kind of asexual. I am often accused of talking down to them, but this is not true. I am sensitive to the fact that they may not be able to understand what I’m saying and it usually leads to frustration. Why is it that people are so offended by intelligence?

You down with OPP?

This may not have anything to do with intelligence but rather is a communication issue. No one likes to be lectured during a conversation, or have the conversation monopolized.

Be sure your conversations are authentic and involve both parties in a give- take way. .

If you feel people are not up to your intellectual “level” then find groups that have your same interests.