No supporting friends

TESSA1234
on Jun 3 2019 at 18:23
Member since: 03 June 2019
Other advice A few months ago my mom was diagnosed with cancer. Back then I told my friends about it and I told them I had a hard time dealing with it. They told me they would be there for me. To this day they have never asked about my mom. Not how she is doing, not how I’m doing. I can’t let go of it because they are my only close friends.

I feel really sad about it and can’t deal with the fact that my best friends do not seem to care about this difficult situation.

I know I can tell them this but that doesn’t change the fact that they were/are not here for me.

Should I talk to them about it? I find it hard because I don’t know how to do it.

No supporting friends
on Jun 5 2019 at 03:31
Just as you don’t know how to talk to your friends about not being supportive, they don’t know how to talk to you in a supportive way.

No one knows how it feels to care for an ill loved one unless they have gone thru the experience themselves. If they are young, this is especially true.

Find solace and comfort from other people who have traveled this same path.

I hope you get thru these days - and we are here to be a shoulder if you need to talk.