Relationship advice when you really love your partner but don’t see a future

DENALI
on Jun 14 2019 at 04:15
Member since: 14 June 2019
Relationship advice I started dating this girl about 6 months ago but have been friends for awhile. She is by far the best woman I have been in a relationship with and we connect on so many levels.

The only problem is she recently enlisted in the military and after finishing graduate school she will be stationed overseas. She will finish school in 2 years so the countdown has begun.

I am very career focused and very family oriented. My dream is the classic wife and kids. I want to start a family and I am afraid that this woman doesn’t align with my future family goals. Although I truly enjoy my time with her I am afraid I am just developing stronger emotions and feelings for her when I know my family goal will not work with this woman. I am no longer in the stage where I want to date people just to date. I am looking for a serious relationship that can turn into a forever relationship.

Should I continue with our great relationship and just see where things go? Or should I express my feelings and end the relationship based on my personal goals for the future?

Thanks for any advice, I’ve been struggling with this lately.

SILVARION
on Jun 14 2019 at 13:15
Member since: 28 June 2017
Hello DENALI,

I think you should express your concerns. Let her know how you feel and what you want.

If she has the same long term goals, then you can try to find some middle ground there. Otherwise you can get to a good end by mutual agreement.

Sometimes we connect way too good with some people, but they're not meant to be our partners for life.

It's always important to talk about your feelings and your plans.

Good luck!

on Jun 17 2019 at 03:38
Military women are often mothers.

You don’t mention how she feels. Have you discussed these issues with her?

MEGABE
on Jun 20 2019 at 04:53
Member since: 20 June 2019
No matter the outcome, communication is key. Talking through these things with your partner is incredibly important. Maybe she wants to give you the family you dream of, she just wants to serve her country first? Maybe she is having the same concerns as you. Talk to her!

Good luck!