My lover insulted me

Relationship advice I am a widow who fell for a man whom i thought was like my wonderful late husband.
We went to a restaurant,while in the cue,this so called lover learn onto my shoulder from behind and said,"woof" then tapped my shoulder and said,," no i didnt meen it your lovely really" I am 46 he is 80 but he reminded me of my husband.I was so upset i told him off and cried.Should i apologise to him as i did tell him firmly not to insult me.

My lover insulted me

You better get a sense if humor. He sounds like a funny guy.

My lover insulted me

Dolly,
I didn’t mean to be flippant about your feelings. It sounds like you were shocked at his actions and it really shocked and disappointed you.

Please remember: he is not your late husband. Allow him to be different and to be his own person and celebrate that - or move on.

Was your late husband much older than you? That age gap 80/46 might complicate things for you, including him having a sense of humor quite different from yours.

I’m a widow myself (10 years) I find that the men in my life all have had different qualities that made them attractive. When I compared them to my late husband, it was really unfair to them.