I don't know what to do

CURIOUSLY
on Aug 22 2019 at 10:49
Emotional advice I'm sick of myself. Each day I wake up and hate how I look but here's the thing, people call me pretty. Down to strangers,my mom, sister and just about everyone and I don't see it! It's not some light insecurity, I promise, it makes me want to kill myself. Down to a bad angle or anything. It's on and off whether I think I'm pretty.One moment I feel like a goddess and the next I don't. I just wanna feel okay again and no I can't go to therapy. Please just tell me how to be okay. I have things I like and talent's but nothing can keep my mind off it! What should I do?
I don't know what to do
on Sep 20 2019 at 20:45
We girls do this to each other don’t we?

We greet each other with remarks of how we look and what we are wearing instead of asking how we really are. And it starts so early in our lives! Pressure to be pretty and well dressed.

You say you “ can’t “ get therapy, but that’s exactly what you must do. You will learn to Take off all the makeup and fashionable clothes and find out who you really are.

I don't know what to do
SOULMATE (moderator)
on Sep 21 2019 at 02:10
So - how come you can't you get therapy?

And what is it you hate?

Doesn't matter what anyone else deems you, does it. You want YOU to feel sure you look pretty.

Here, you're not making that fatal mistake of looking at yourself before you've had time to wake up and de-puff properly, are you?

How old are you? In your teens?

Are you getting annoyed with your face instead of something else, something seemingly elusive? Or do you feel better and more in control of that something else if at least your appearance is cooperating if that other thing(s) isn't?