The 29 year old virgin

Other advice It's hard to know where to start. I am 29 years old. It looks like I have a lot of my life together, but I am just hanging on by a thread.

I am someone who has always been alone. I have friends and family, but never any type of romantic relationship. I have always wanted one, but don't feel deserving - not for any particular reason, but just by virtue of being me. I don't know why I'm making myself fail.

How pathetic is it that I'm still a virgin? It feels really sad. I honestly feel like a leper on society. 'You're a virgin, what the fuck is wrong with you?'.

Nights and weekends are the hardest. I don't know what to do with myself. My friends are in relationships so they're often are unavailable, and I don't want to be the person who hangs out with her parents every weekend. I feel paralyzed by fear and a stupid amount of loneliness. How do I get out of this rut that I've been living in since forever?

The 29 year old virgin

Hi Candice. Concentrate on love rather than sex. Ask yourself what kind of partner you want. When you see those traits in a person of interest, get to know that person more. Chat a little bit. Be a little forward. Offer help or advise in small ways. Be jokinly suggestive about meeting casually. Do not suffer fools in your journey to love. Good luck

The 29 year old virgin

You seem lonely. What have you done to work on that?

You say you have friends. Do they know you’d like to meet eligible men? What clubs, church, group or volunteer opportunity have you joined to meet others? Singles groups or even online?

How about yourself? Change your hair color, get a makeover? Go to the gym?

No eligible guy is going to knock on your door. You’ve got to put yourself out there. That takes courage. Are you up to it?