New man withdrawn after parental death

Bereavement advice I’ve been seeing a man for two months, we are both in our thirties. A few weeks ago he lost his mother and he seemed fine in the time straight after this. Then around a week ago he went cold on me, i thought we were supposed to meet up at the weekend but he said he’d been in bed all day feeling awful and he needed time to think, rest and sleep. I replied and said I was there if he needed me and have given him this space and haven’t contacted him for about six days. I still haven’t heard from him, what would you do under the circumstances? It’s been over a week since I’ve actually seen him.

New man withdrawn after parental death

There are SO many things to take care of when a parent dies. You don’t say if father is around or there are close relatives or siblings around.

In any case, call him and tell him you are concerned. Does he need anything? Would he like to go out for lunch? Etc.

He may be in shock or feeling overwhelmed. Keep in touch, as a friend.