Should I attend funeral for father of half siblings who hate me?

D3593
on Mar 15 2020 at 02:57
Relationship advice I have been estranged from three of my siblings for years. Its a really bad situation that ballooned out of something really trivial, in my opinion. (Harsh words spoken during an argument in 2011) I tried to extend olive branches, they shredded them. Long story short, the three of them hate me, their adult kids do to. Their father died a few days ago. I sent them all a text expressing condolences; they ignored it. I dont know if I should go to the funeral for two reasons; 1. I dont want the sight of me to cause them more strife and grief and 2. I really think that if it were MY father who passed, they would gloat and be happy at my hurt. Any input and advice is appreciated.

MANALONE
on Mar 16 2020 at 11:01
Funeral attendance is a personal thing and you go to pay your respects to the deceased. If your siblings are not receptive to you or your efforts to reconcile over the years, and your attendance will likely cause issues, then it's best to pay your respects another way.

on Mar 17 2020 at 02:34
Why stress yourself (and others) out?

Send flowers.

Make a donation to charity in his name.

Send a card.