Am I being childish for needing my boyfriend to comfort me?

Long Distance Relationship advice Hi Everyone,

I've just been in a car accident that could have been fatal, on Saturday March 7 recently. My car is still in the workshop because the crash was pretty bad.

I told my boyfriend about it, but he didn't even call me to check on me. He just wrote a couple of emails to express his shock over learning about the accident.

I feel hurt and let down, that he didn't make any effort to call me at all. Am I being impossible and childish for feeling this way? We are in an LDR.

LDRs are difficult to maintain and it's difficult to communicate with each other in a normal sense, so firstly you need to determine that he understands the seriousness of your accident.

If he does, then yes, one would at least pick up the phone to call a loved one after a bad car accident rather than dash off a couple of emails and no, you're not being childish, rather your gut instinct is talking to you about how your BF feels about you. If he can't be there in person to comfort you, then he needs to do the next best thing and that's for him to at least talk to you even if it's just to hear your voice.

As with everything in any relationship, it's our actions that count rather than our words.

Thank you so much for your response and kind attention.
I often feel he doesn't love me as much as I love him.

Did you tell him what you needed? ( “ Please call me every day at 10 and 4)

I say this because if he’s your typical young man ( under 27) he orobably has no clue what to do. Especially since he’s L D from you.

He’s not a mind reader, either. And guys can be SO clueless!

(Shame on his mother for not teaching him how to be empathetic and nurturing, but that should be a clue for you to consider any future with him)

Just curious: Does he have sisters? Is he first born or an only child?)