Social distancing and funeral rules

Relationship advice My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years. We do not live together, so for me, social distancing has been really hard. His mum died suddenly 4 weeks ago, before the lockdown. It’s taken a while for the post-mortem and now the funeral is next week. He said only close family are allowed, which I understand but, am I wrong in feeling a bit upset he wouldn’t want to include me? His ex will be going if his children go. It shouldn’t bother me but it does. Am I being totally selfish? So many emotions with social distancing alone without throwing this into the mix. Just looking for opinions. Thanks

Social distancing and funeral rules

Did you ask him why he doesn’t want you to accompany you?

If it’s because this event is closed, then respect the family’s wishes. It may also be as simple as the limit of people rule from the funeral company.

It sounds like you suspect something else is going on. Can you define what it might be?