How do I stop missing my childhood?

ZEDEBEE
- Apr 20 2020 at 14:58
Member since: 20 April 2020
Emotional advice I am a 53 year old mum of 3 with a relatively happy life and a lot to be grateful for. And I really am grateful, so why do I keep missing my childhood, parents and childhood home so much.

Every time I think about being a kid, my lovely home and parents it physically hurts inside and I cry. Every time.

I took my youngest who is ten to my old neighbourhood park and saw an old school mate from a distance. It brought memories flooding back and the grief at the loss of my childhood was so painful I had to go sit in the car and cry while my husband took my daughter to play.

I dream about my home and am left with the sadness all day when I wake.

I am a pretty emotionally stable person who can cope with the usual issues life throws at me. But this grief when it happens feels overwhelming and it's getting worse.

What can I do to stop the hurt and feel joy in the present and future again?

How do I stop missing my childhood?

- Apr 25 2020 at 04:27
I like to drive by my childhood home. I love seeing how the landscape has changed. It does bring up emotions. However, Yours are a little more intense.

There must be something that draws you to these memories. Perhaps you felt cared for. Or had freedom from problems .

Perhaps counseling at a local women’s center will help you discover where these intense feelings are really coming from.

How do I stop missing my childhood?

ZEDEBEE
- Apr 25 2020 at 23:07
Member since: 20 April 2020
Thank you for answering, you're right, they are intense feelings and I will explore the possibility of counselling.