Jealous girlfriend?

RMLSSK10
- May 16 2020 at 16:32
Long Distance Relationship advice So, recently my ldr boyfriend has started talking to a girl again who he used to talk to but it’s making me really jealous and feel like I’m being replaced.

They’ve talked about hanging out and stuff they’re going to do together once quarantine has ended but some things to me seem more like flirting than just being friends but he doesn’t agree.

Some things for example are her asking him for advice and help with things, opening up with personal things, cancelling plans with me to call with her for hours (7 hours the other night!!!)

It’s causing a lot of arguments due to us both feeling complete opposite ways; I feel like he prefers her and is replacing me but he says that they‘re just best friends and I have no reason to worry.

Do you have any advice on how to deal with this or am I right to feel like this?

Jealous girlfriend?

LILY31
- May 17 2020 at 14:01
Member since: 08 September 2016
Hi,

It’s ok for a gf or bf to have have friends of the opposite sex and to help them out and give them advice when needed but not when it starts to interfere with your relationship and the way it’s making you feel.

At the moment he seems to be enjoying the best of both worlds, he’s in a LDR with you and he’s got this other girl who he calls his ‘best friend‘...he’s making it pretty obvious as to what he’s doing. It’s very easy for him to tell you not to worry but he’s telling you a lot!

Look at his actions, talking on the phone to her for seven hours and he’s/they’re planning to meet up with her once Covid is over? Why is he not doing that with you?

His priorities should lye with you first and foremost if he’s serious.