Feeling guilty for no good reason

PICKIES
- May 19 2020 at 09:23
Relationship advice Hi! This has been eating away at me for a day or so. I guess this is more of a way for me to vent than anything. But responses are appreciated anyway.

I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 2 years now, but my boyfriend has been my best friend for almost 9 years. Our bond is really strong both as friends and partners, and it's something I'm really proud of.

The other day I was streaming an online game for my boyfriend. It's a game that I also play with some old friends, and it has a chat feature. One of my friends likes to call me by pet names (babe, sweetie, etc.) but it's not romantic in the least. I'm gay to begin with and I've known her since I was a teenager. My boyfriend left to grab some food when I logged on, and my friend excitedly greeted me with HI, BABE!! She then messaged me privately to say she was 'just about to log off, xoxo' and to message her on discord if I wanted to chat.

I think the message was off the screen by the time my boyfriend came back. But you have to admit that all sounds pretty suspicious, right? My boyfriend hasn't said anything about it, so I don't know if he saw it. And even though that interaction is completely innocent and platonic, I feel guilty about it. I feel like I should tell him, if not for my own sanity. But I'm worried that if I tell him he'll somehow find that even more suspicious than if I just let it slide. I just don't know if my sensitive little heart can handle not talking to him about it though.

Am I overthinking this?? Should I just leave it alone?

Feeling guilty for no good reason

MANALONE
- May 19 2020 at 10:30
Sorry?..he's your best friend and partner for almost 9 years?..why shouldn't you mention it to him if it's bothering you?

Feeling guilty for no good reason

- May 24 2020 at 14:47
I’d say it’s your responsibility to put this into place and / or perspective.

These may be affectionate flippant, teasing responses from her, or she’s actually coming on to you. Does she know you are in a relationship?

This issue is all in your control. Why trouble your partner about it?