We urgently require support responding to new threads in the forum - are you able to assist?

My parents do not approve of my relationship choice

Relationship advice I recently began a relationship with a man who is 11 years older than me. I'm in my early twenties and still live at home while attending graduate school. Over the past few months, I have developed what I feel is a serious, committed relationship with this man. My parents like this man as a person, but feel that the 11 year age difference is creepy, and don't think our values line up well enough (Religion differences, etc.).

Because of this, my mom prevents me from seeing him alone, or going to his house. We've had a lot of conflict over my relationshp. My mom and I are very close, and this is pushing us apart and causing us both a lot of stress and anxiety. I don't know what to do. If I break up with him, potentially the conflict between my mom and I would resolve. However, I would be very unhappy, and it would definitely crush the heart of this man. If I stay with him, I have to deal with my parents' restrictions and constant reminders of their disapproval. I know my parents have the best intentions, but this is tearing me apart emotionally.

I guess my question is, is there a solution I am not seeing? Should I break up, and break my heart and this man's heart, or should I stay with him and deal with the emotional stress this is causing me?

These objection are very real for your mother. The age difference, not so much, but the cultural/ religious one would be.

Have you dated others? How did you meet this man? Is he your first love? What does he think of these objections from your family?